Monday, October 5, 2009

The Farmers Market

DSC_0092


Terri and I headed down to the farmers market this weekend. It's a total of about 5 minutes from our houses. I grew up going down there with my mom to get fruits and vegitables for her co-op. This place has such memories for me. I remember my mom buying this huge block of cheese, and then she would cut it and it seemed like we would eat off that cheese for ever. I also remember sorting the vegitables after we bought them. We would take them over to our old house and lay out however many boxes, then I would go around and put maybe one eggplant and a few oranges or whatever my mom had bought. It was one of those moments I remember thinking I wanted to be just like my mom, I loved doing the vegetables and being part of that with her.

DSC_0117


The variety is amazing. Things are fresh and sometimes right off the truck, I mean the semi that deivers them around the country.


DSC_0099


This time of year there are all sorts of pumpkins and gourds .


DSC_0094





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails