Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Personal Sized Watermelon

Hide the watermelon, that's what I always say when we go somewhere and there is a significant amount of this summer delicacy. My kids absolutely love it, much like me. They can consume and entire regular size watermelon in one sitting and come back for more. It's frightening !!! I saw these little "personal" sized melons at our local grocery store. Usually I'm a little weary of anything that has been "specially produced" for our convenience, often it tastes weird or like nothing at all and who knows what has been actually done to the thing. But I tried these little melons and really thought they were tasty. Them fitting in my fruit bowl is such a plus.








One of the other positives is that each slice is the perfect size for those little hands and big mouths



But I'm still trying to figure out how many I need to satisfy the hungry masses. If they are capable of eating the majority of a big melon how much of the little melon would they be happy with? These are things I think about, sad but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails