Monday, June 1, 2009

Flowers

Some of these are flowers in my front yard. This one is from a bottle brush that has grown really large and may have to be relocated. We pretended to know what we were doing when we initially put our landscaping in but we made some errors in the size and locations of plants. Anyway it's a pretty bloom and I needed practice taking pictures.





This is the bottle brush just before it blooms. It reminds me of a little girls hair-do for some reason. Maybe it looks like a bun you might put in a girls hair.




I think this is some sort of hanging bell plant, I' m not sure. I love it but the blooms only last a very short time and it only blooms once. This little tree isn't in our yard but a couple of houses down the street. I love the color of the blooms.




This is a bloom from my Little Gem Magnolia tree, which is in our front yard. The beautiful thing about this tree is that my sweet girlfriends gave it to me when my mom died. It was the first tree I have ever planted and it has bloomed since the first year. My mother absolutely loved magnolia blooms and whenever I see or smell them I think about her. The tree has really thrived in our yard.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails