Wednesday, October 6, 2010

275/365 Washington Again

275/365 Washington Again

So really the photos are completely unrelated to this post, but my camera is taking a siesta
with a big giant dot appearing in all my images.
Although then I think is there really a picture that relates to what I've been thinking about lately.


I think there are no pictures that I have taken that really talk about looking inside yourself.
During this trip to Washington, with a group of girls, I really had to take a long hard look at myself from the inside out. 
There is nothing I can do about the outside in terms if an immediate change, that's something that has to be worked on long term.
The inside is different though, you can create an immediate change, and I like to think that happened.


I feel like for the first time I saw a part of myself that I didn't like because it offends others, and I think this was the first time I didn't say let them endure it or leave.
I think this is the first time I realized I don't want to be offensive in this way and that it's my baby to change. So I'm starting today, I have a whole list of things that I think I want to change, in particular a list of certain ways I interact with people. I am praying that I can tell the difference between something I should change and something someone else wants me to change, I think I'm strong enough willed to do that. 


2 comments:

  1. sounds like an amazing trip. your honesty is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are beautiful... Hope that the introspection is a good thing (sounds like it...) and not an "OMG what have I gotten myself into here?!" kinda dealie. : )

    xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails