Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Morning After



I guess you would call this the morning after we arrived in Chicago. There is always a little travel hangover which can for sure be cured with a bite at Blueberry Hill. I love this place and the kids do too and the stud does too. It provides us with the nourishment we need to get started every day we're in Chicago. I LOVE YOU BLUEBERRY HILL.



The kids love this aspect of it the most, of course what kids wouldn't. There is an entire treasure chest of lollipops to search in until they find just the right flavor. Then if you eat 20 of these lollipops you can get a discount on a pair of binoculars, at least that is what I was told.
Good Luck eating 20, your not doing it on my time !


After breakfast we scooted down the road to this little farmer's market. It was such a cute little place, all the berries seemed to be in season.
The kids really thought it was great. They might have evened learned something, like what is a vegetable???? Just kidding they loved this !


The variety of things was amazing. They have several different fruits up here than we do back home. They had "Sour Cherries" which I didn't know existed. They are the ones that are slightly colored like peaches but shaped like cherries.


There were miles of blueberries. I guess it's the season because they were abundant.


These were currants. I have had currant jam/jelly before but had no idea what they looked like. They are actually very small and delicate and come on a little cluster.


I also had never seen Yellow Beans.
And the homegrown Broccoli that we saw looked much more like Broccolini than regular old Broccoli.


Oh the Strawberries, they were so beautiful and perfect looking.


These are Black Raspberries. I also hadn't heard of them but they are similar to Red Raspberries.


And really I took this picture as an homage to my mom, she loved BEETS. I never quite understood, I always thought they tasted just like the dirt they came out of, YUCK !!! I miss you mom !


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails