Friday, July 17, 2009

This Posts For You




That would be you http://agirlinthesouth.blogspot.com/ . You know who you are, that lady that I find myself on the phone with at least twice a day often for no more than a what's up. I said to her "maybe I should blog about some of my favorite things" and she says to me "why don't you blog about me". So this is about one of my favorite things, my friend Terri. She is a special friend that I share meat orders with and Amazon Prime memberships with and glasses of wine and mixed cocktails with, and those really great belly laughs with and sometimes that honesty that stings a little with and our faith and our church with and The Container Store with and meals of Mexican Food with and the love and use of food with and her mom and dad with and my family struggles with and ohhh so much more. I love sharing these things with her .

I was first "attracted" to her because of the way she was so quick witted. While she is still quick witted I'm not sure I always think she is a witty as I first thought, you know she's kind of like an old blanket. ( Does that sound like a backhanded complement? I hope not but would that be unlikely from me?) It's so soft when you first get it you absolutely love it and then you wash it a few times and now it has some fuzz balls on it but you love it just as much, now you look so forward to sleeping under it because it is so comfortable and most of the time gives you just what you need to be comfortable. Or maybe the luster has worn off, the sheen is gone, the infatuation is over, the gig is up, I am up the river without a paddle and now I find I really like her for so many other reasons than just her quick wit.



There are so many things to say about TERRI, first her name is not really Terri. She doesn't tell many people her real name because no one really ever asks so if you want to know it I'll let her tell you. Also she finds the funniest sites on the internet. One I have been reading and cracking up about lately is http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/, it is soooo up her alley . She likes polka dots, whether she knows it or not and the colors purple pink and green oh and black. We have such different tastes. I think she is a monogram while i am initial, she is a Dr.Pepper and I am a Diet Coke, she is a shrimp and I am a steak, she is a middle finger and I am the pointer finger, she is heels and i am flip flops, she is organized and I am not, she wants to organize me and I want to organize me too, she likes not really big shiny sparkly rings and I LOOOOVE big shiny sparkly rings. So overall I think we fit pretty good as friends. I think we will hold things together for alooooooong time. Don't ever forget to tell me how you feel, oh well I guess that was kind of pointless reminding you to speak your mind.

And one more thing, I hope I don't make you cringe when you read this, my totally overpriced education left me with some very large gaps in my writing ability, I'm more of a visual artist ;)

You make me so proud to be your friend !!!
I told you you were a middle finger and I am more of a pointer finger.

3 comments:

  1. Aren't you a funny girl! My mom's going to just love love love that last photo of me. It totally shows she raised me right and stuff. =) For the record, I love Diet Dr. Pepper, not plain old icky sweet Dr. Pepper, and I don't appreciate you referring to my being as an "old blanket". Couldn't I be something else? Maybe a supermodel or a Mensa candidate or a sassy Christian Louboutin shoe? Hmmmf. I guess that's another difference between us, you probably don't know who Christian Louboutin is. =) Thanks for the blog love....the next time I'm going to have psycho eyes and flip you off, I'll make sure there's no camera in sight!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails