Thursday, July 23, 2009

Will she turn out ok...



.......or am I making her some sort of freak. I must start by saying that I have been trying to get out of my grumpy funk that has been around for a looooong time. I have made a conscience decision to try to see any humor in any given situation, since I love to laugh so much. I try really hard not to laugh at other people but with them but I'm not always sure that works. Take today for example.

Little Mama was over by the basket where we keep the Wii games. All of a sudden she starts this absolute panicky screaming that keeps getting louder, she's actually saying "It hurts, It hurts, it hurts". Now I'm thinking something is seriously wrong at this point and run, well try to run, over and see what's happening. When I arrive the panic in her voice is even louder and more intense and I'm looking in her big brown eyes thinking WHAT THE HELL HURTS. All of a sudden I realize that she has somehow gotten a Wii Game Case, you now the thing that holds the game CD, clipped or closed or snapped, whatever you want to call it, it's stuck on her neck. A little piece of her skin is stuck in the cd case and it's closed. How the bleep does that happen?

Well my reaction is, with Little Mama and The Bean looking at me, to go into hysterical laughter. I'm laughing so hard that my waterproof mascara (which might not be that great) starts running into my eyes and stinging them. I'm still looking at her, or trying to thru the mascara, and she is still screaming like her finger has been amputated and I'm still trying to figure out how I'm supposed to remedy the situation. In the end I settled down long enough to open the case and release her completely unblemished skin with the hopes that she will never do anything like that again. All the while The Bean and Little Mama are looking at me like what kind of monster/mother laughs hysterically when her child is in pain. I'm thinking Oh crap have I just scarred them both for life or do they really see the big monster that I am. Oh well.


See no ouchie on her neck.

After this I begin to feel bad that I thought it was so funny at her expense, but that feeling only lasted for a few minutes and now just thinking about what happened makes my eyes water and I feel this bubble of laughter welling up in me again. Really I don't like to see my children, or anyone else's, in pain but sometimes the things they do just, well it just is supposed to be funny.
Thanks Little Mama for the laugh?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails