Friday, July 30, 2010

203/365 Prints

203/365 Prints

I found this website the other day called Divas and Dreams. It's very interesting and there are some really inspiring photos, Christina has a workshop that you can do starting anytime, so I'm jumping in. I'm hoping it will push me to be as creative as I can with my photography. So this assignment was about prints and how they make you feel. Well I love prints and I would to have them everywhere if I was more organised but that's not happening.


So I found these 2 photos in a random box of old photos and was shocked really. Initially I didn't know who these 2 men were but then my dad called and I told him about the photos. I told him there were 2 men a jug of whiskey and gun in both photos and he said oh yeah that's your grandfather and great uncle. I had several immediate reactions the first was "how did these people survive, I mean back then this was horsing around" my second thought was no wonder crazy runs in our family, my poor children have no chance what so ever !!!
Click here if you would like to see Divas and Dreams, it's very inspiring!


9 comments:

  1. Great -- I really like this photo and your recollection of it. How fun! I love Diva and Dreams and this has been so much fun. Thanks for sharing.

    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I would found a picture like this I would be shocked too, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...my gosh I totally love those prints...they are priceles!!! Wonderful post dear! Thanks for sharing :-)

    Hugs/ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a surprising story behind your photos.
    Not one you see/hear everyday ;-)
    Thanks for sharing.
    (You are welcome to visit my blog: http://all-things-creative-dk.blogspot.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these two photos they are so funny and full of character,
    love them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great discovery, I just love finding out new things about my family and ancestors - these old photos are just so precious! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are fantastic. So much fun - although I hope the guns weren't loaded!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds! Hope to see you for the next assignment!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails