Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 10 Photo - Tired Parenting

Day 10 Photo - NASA the George Lucas exhibit. I was kind of disappointed in the actual exhibit. Nasa always has so much interactive stuff going on, I really wanted to see more about the movie stuff and maybe how they did the special effects. Then I started thinking, Lucas really only has Star Wars and the space thing in common with NASA, I mean Raiders of the Lost Ark and Willow and what else is there. I can't think of anymore that have anything to do with space, the final frontier.


So we are very normal and very tired parents. I'm not sure what normal really means but I think we are somewhat normal parents. Tonight as Big Daddy is reading to the kids, Little Man is trying very hard to participate. He is after all only 2 1/2 and still trying to understand a real conversation. So Big Daddy is getting tired of Little Man's rolling all over, and flopping on the floor and really disturbing the exchange between everyone. So in the brilliant parenting fashion that we tired parents use he says "Little man either get over here and listen......(pause, he is thinking of all the options and in a moment of brilliance he comes up with)....... or don't." Meanwhile I am sitting off to the side, on the computer of course, and actually hear the entire exchange and go hysterical with laughter. Big daddy can't tell what I'm laughing at but Little Mama get's it and starts laughing hysterically too. Needless to say I sometimes don't make situations any better with my inability to control my laughter. And we are such tired parents.

Then I go to put Little Man to bed. That's great and usually very easy. I turn off the light as I go in to sit in the rocker with him coming behind me and he FREAKS out because I turned the light off and he wants to do it. So I tell him to turn it back on and then he can be the one to turn the light off. Oh my Heavens it actually worked. So he flicks the light back on and then off and crawls in my lap for some sweet mama rocking before bed !!! I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails