Saturday, August 1, 2009

Where Do They Go ....



I'm just wondering where does an 8 yr old boy "go" when he is sitting in the living room by himself, in his warm cozy moose slippers in the middle of the Houston summer? and how do I get to that happy unaware place, even for a moment.

In these first two photos he really had no idea that I was even around. He makes these like airplane/shooting/diving/ jumping/dying noises all the time so I really am used to hearing them. Today the thing that really threw me were the moose slippers. It's like almost 100* outside and he takes to the slippers. I guess that place he goes has snow? ice? is on a glacier? It must be pretty intense to require the need for external warming devices.


I kind of long for this ability to escape in such a way that really you can't hear anything or see anything. Don't get me wrong, I do day dream sometimes, and when I "wake up" from a daydream I'm still in the car or packing a lunch or folding laundry so how much of me was still in the present. He has no clue that any other world exists outside of what he sees or is looking at in his head. I know this because often I have to physically touch him to get him to respond, or sometimes yelling really loudly does it too.

So that's a whole other question, what is he seeing or looking at? Can some grown person explain to me. I just want to get back to "that" place for a minute or 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails